Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

With his eyes filled with excitement.......

I took my kids fishing at Dankworth pond and both Ayden and Bailey caught a fish! Bailey has caught quite a few before but for Ayden this was his first. The look in his face was so cute. He jumped up and down screaming "I caught a fish I caught a fish". I took eight kids with me so it was quite the adventure. I made Bailey's friend Brennon hold the fish so I could pull it's hook out of it's mouth. The last time this happened I screamed every time it moved and this time was no different. Poor Brennon got cut by its fin cause I made him hold it I felt really bad. All of the little kids kept saying "It's bleeding poor thing" they were all amazed that a fish could bleed. It is so interesting how compassionate kids are toward animals. They felt really bad for this fish and on two different occasions two different kids said "I feel really bad for the worms cause they gotta die too".  It about broke my heart! It was an awesome day even in 104 degree weather ;-)

2 comments:

anna said...

what a fun mom you are! I love your new picture!

Stephanie and Jeremy Bingham said...

Thank you! All we can do as moms is do our best and hope it is enough.:)