Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ayden's 6th birthday


This is the face of one excited kid! Ayden asked me to make him a semi truck for his birthday cake. Being the mother I am, I love a good challenge. I looked at a few pictures to get an idea of how to pull this task off and decided that I could do it. I had a friend Missy Windsor help me with the fondant. I had never made it before and so I called her to help and I am so glad she did. It wasn't hard but it could have been a little tricky figuring it out on my own. I used a poster board to put the cake on that way I could make it a really BIG one like Ayden requested. Cuting out the cake was not to bad but with this particular cake mix I used getting the icing to stick to the cake was not an easy task! FYI, milk chocolate cake mix is not the best kind to use. Missy had the same experience it turns out very crumbly. Rolling out the fondant was really easy and I think it turned out really good for my first time making a cake like this. As you can see in the picture Ayden was stoked. His face is priceless hopefully this memory is one that lasts. We played a games having the kids wrap the older kids in tiolet paper like a mummy. I think the younger ones thought this was quite funny! The party turned out really good. I can't believe Ayden is 6 time has flown by and he has gotten so big. He is still the same sweet caring and crazy boy and we just love him!
 

No comments: